Key benefits of Irish Karon Oil
Helps lubricate the gut to maintain normal intestinal transit.
Helps maintain coat condition and bloom.
Helps prevent acid build up, gut irritation & stress reactions.
Supporting horse digestive health
Digestive supplements for horses help to improve stamina and support the health and wellbeing of an active horse. Low fibre diets are typically fed to horses in training, but this type of feeding regime is not what the horse has evolved to digest. If care is not taken, this type of diet could lead to blockages, acidosis or even equine colic.
Irish Karon Oil is an omega 3 solution formulated to maintain the natural flow of nutrients through the digestive system. Containing 50% pure linseed oil, Irish Karon Oil provides an excellent source of energy and omega 3 fatty acids, recognised for their ability to maintain skin and coat condition and the equine immune system.
Horse digestive health is supported by the inclusion of calcium hydroxide solution. This has strong alkaline properties to ensures Irish Karon Oil also helps to maintain a healthy gastric environment. Magnesium hydroxide, also included in this high-spec formulation, provides horse calming properties; helping the horse in intensive training to cope in stressful situations.
Key benefits of Irish Karon Oil as a digestive supplement for horses:
- Linseed oil provides a rich source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to support the horse’s health and vitality.
- Oily emulsion helps to lubricate the gut to maintain normal intestinal transit. Particularly beneficial for horses in training on low fibre diets.
- Calcium hydroxide helps to maintain the natural pH of the digestive system.
- Magnesium hydroxide helps manage nervousness when under stress.
- High energy content; oil is a slow-release energy source which will support stamina without increasing the starch content of the diet. Ideal for horses sensitive to high starch (cereal) diets.
All horses and ponies
Feed Guidelines: There is no initial loading rate with this product. Shake well before use and mix with feed, gradually building up to the required rate over seven days.
- Horses: 60-90ml
- Ponies: 30-60ml
This can be divided between feeds if preferred. Includes a 30ml pump
Days supply: 5Lt will last one horse 83 days.
Prohibited substances: This product is BETA NOPS approved and does not contain valerian.
Ingredients: Linseed oil, magnesium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide